Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I was abused as a child and I feel I need some help. What can I do?

A:You can talk to a counsellor, therapist or psychologist about how you are feeling and how this is impacting upon your life. It is important that you feel comfortable with whoever you choose to help you. There are many counselling services out there.If you’re in the Auckland area, call our confidential and we can point you in the right direction, or call someone else from our list of services available in Auckland. If you are in a different part of New Zealand, have a look at our services in New Zealand section for an organization near you. See the contacts page for more information

Q: I think I may be in an unsafe relationship. What can I do?

A: If you feel you are in an unsafe environment you can get help for yourself and for any family you may have. It is important that you know there are ways out of any situation you perceive to be unsafe and that support exists for you in the community.